So, the WHEELS COTY for 2015 is the BMW i3 ???
Give me a break! Clearly, the editor and judges already know this is a dumb choice .....
In 'explaining' the choice, the judges admit:
1. With only a 4 Star result in NCAP testing, quote: "Perhaps it could do better on safety."
2. With poor pedestrian safety results, quote: "Perhaps it could offer better pedestrian safety."
3. On one test run, the i3 ran out of charge! Quote: "It didn't break down, it just ran out of charge." !!!
4. On distances, quote: "For the longer distances Australians travel, its range is not ideal, but satisfactory if you drive 40km a day." What ???
5. On broad appeal, the judges admit: "It's a niche car."
I have only one word to describe this latest award.
It's not even a car with advanced technology. The BMW i3 is nothing more than a BEV (Battery Electric Vehicle).
Why not reward a brave company like Hyundai Australia which is setting the bar at a new level by introducing an ix35 with a Fuel Cell stack?
That's far more commercially adventurous, and dangerous, but HMCA has at least held its breath and jumped in at the deep end with a technology that shows much more potential than a BEV!
Okay, if the ix35 FCEV is not yet publicly available do what the esteemed former editor, Peter Robinson, did one year. He and the judges didn't make an award!
I may have got the quotes above slighly incorrect, but who cares? I won't spend good money buying a copy of WHEELS to read the full explanation.
This year's choice only demeans the value of the award in the eyes of informed readers, consumers and car companies.
Je pense que cela devrait être la meilleure réplique de montre que j'ai jamais achetée. réplique montres à vendre Je partage ce site avec mes amis. Ils sont très contents, leur prix est si bas, et je peux acheter une si bonne montre.réplique à vendre rolex yacht master iimontresReplyDelete